[Greenbuilding] Masonry Caviaty Insulation Detail

David Wentling dpwentling at ymail.com
Fri Mar 7 04:31:52 CST 2014

We built a new warehouse to blend into a historic brick building. Used block wall with base ledge, sealed entire exterior wall with liquid air/vapor barrier. Brick ties extended out between batts of mineral wool. Added 24" high batts as the brick was installed. Batts allow drainage of any moisture in the cavity. Had weep holes along the top of the ledge between first layer of bricks. Fire safe since no plastic!

David
ConservFirst.com