[Greenbuilding] energy efficient pop up house

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 16:09:23 CDT 2014

Further to that note about the energy efficient pop up house, a friend who
read the piece better than did I, pointed out:

*There are some good ideas here, but at least one really bad one: the whole
interior is foam plastic, not legal as an exposed finish because it burns
like crazy and produces extremely toxic smoke (in spite of being pumped
full of (probably) carcinogenic flame retardants.) Also, calling
polystyrene recyclable is fudging at best.*

I expect Rob Tom would agree fully with an 'echhh' to boot.  The idea
however, of easily putting together a house lego-like is most appealing.
SIPs come close to this idea.  Sacie