[Greenbuilding] energy efficient pop up house

John Salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 24 18:04:55 CDT 2014

Nice building. Looks nicely thought out. Most every building code has a ½ hr
minimum firewall requirement for interior finishes so it would likely have
to have those facings. I think some European standards look at whole
building performance in fires and its possible that eps might qualify as it
doesn’t do too badly in fires doesn’t do too badly in fires (I can hear the
gloves falling off).

Typically the smoke from burning wood components will kill you long before
the foam ignites. Foam is 98% air but low mass so can produce less heat in a
fire which is important. Lots of studies on it.