[Greenbuilding] Saving millions of XP PCs/Laptops

Yoder the Sheepherder yoder at yoder.ru
Sat Mar 29 08:50:10 CDT 2014

On 03/28/2014 09:05 PM, Nick Pyner wrote:
> [...]
These computers do not need to have a Windows OS on them at all. There
are far too many options out there (legally free options) for people to
believe that they are locked in to a Windows computer. There are Linux
distros that install easier than Windows, are better supported on new
and old hardware than Windows and are far easier to use than Windows.
For more than 90% of users, there are no applications that they need
that do not have a Linux counterpart.

Best regards,
Steve