[Greenbuilding] another innovative build

john daglish johndaglish at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 10:37:00 CDT 2014

They could just make a big compost pile outside and use a hydronic heating
system prefereably with large surface low temperature oversized radiators,
embedded floor slab or  embedded (in plaster) wall emitters in the house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Pain

regards

John Daglish

PS how many horse stablesare there with large used bedding holding bunckers
that compost away producing heat and methane that could be captured and
used?

> I saw this one too Sacie, but I think they don't have everything sorted
> out. One, if you are using thermal energy from decomposition, use hay
> instead (of course the spontaneous combustion issue may be a problem). Two,
> mould inside homes is not really ideal, except for me as I make money when
> that happens. Three, cleaning those contained units of their former straw
> energy source will be a biohazard in the first degree. If they are
> connected to the indoor environment in any way, they will contaminate the
> house.
>
> Other than those small hurdles, I think it's a fabulous idea....
>
> Cheers
>
> Stephen
>
> Stephen Collette BBEC, LEED AP, BSSO
> *Your Healthy House* - Indoor Environmental Testing & Building Consulting
> http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca
> stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
> 705.652.5159
>

> On Mar 28, 2014, at 2:00 PM,
> greenbuilding-request at lists.bioenergylists.org wrote:
>
> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 11:50:40 -0500
> From: Sacie Lambertson <sacie.lambertson at gmail.com>
> To: Greenbuilding <Greenbuilding at lists.bioenergylists.org>
> Subject: [Greenbuilding] another innovative build
>
> While it is not clear to me of what this straw is composed, it is another
> interesting idea.  The idea of 'changing the straw only a few times a year'
> is mysterious as well.  I suspect some info was left out of this article.
> Sacie
>

> http://dornob.com/eco-friendly-home-uses-only-straw-for-heating-and-cooling/

John Daglish