[Greenbuilding] interior storm windows: mounting against beveled jambs & spacing

Topher topher at greenfret.com
Sun Nov 2 10:59:18 CST 2014

On 11/2/2014 11:42 AM, Topher wrote:
> On 11/1/2014 11:44 AM, Reuben Deumling wrote:
and drilling equivalent holes through
>> the storm window frame I figured I could use wingnuts to snug the storm
>> against the beveled jamb.

I should add that I don't recommend drilling a hole through the storm,
as that compromises the hermetic sealing, and allows moisture into the
storm, and puts a failure point in the heat shrink film.  If you do
drill a hole through the storm, put a layer of the packing tape over the
hole location before drilling, and do what you can to seal the wood there.

Thank You Kindly,

Topher

--
Topher Belknap