[Greenbuilding] The Coolest Buildings Aren’t Green

Bruno M. brunom1 at telenet.be
Wed Nov 26 19:59:03 CST 2014

imo a must see video for the real greenbuilder, ... & beyond

greets
Bruno M.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEUShQ7r_tE

The Coolest Buildings Aren’t Green | Bryn Davidson | TEDxRenfrewCollingwood

Published on Nov 26, 2014

This talk was given at a local TEDx event, produced independently of the
TED Conferences. Creating 'greener' buildings will help address climate
change... right?
Green buildings can make a difference, but only if we start asking the
right questions. If we can start to see the whole story of how our
buildings impact the climate then we can start to make strides toward
real 'net-positive' change. The technology isn't new, the strategies
aren't rocket science - the hard step is shifting our thinking about
what it means to build 'green'.

Bryn Davidson wears many hats. Sure, he’s a LEED-accredited building
designer, sustainability consultant and small business owner with
degrees in Architecture (UBC) and Mechanical Engineering (UC Berkeley).
But he doesn’t stop there. He’s also one of the co-founders of Lanefab
Design / Build; a Vancouver-based design and construction company that
built the city’s first laneway house in 2010. Since then, Lanefab has
continued its specialization in energy efficient green homes and infill
‘laneway houses’ by completing over 40 of the small infill homes. Bryn
Davidson has been on the leading edge of the laneway house industry, and
we don’t see him slowing down anytime soon.

Twitter: @lanefab
Facebook: Lanefab
Email: bryn at lanefab.com
Website: www.lanefab.com