[Greenbuilding] wood structures best for the environment

John Salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 8 09:47:24 CDT 2014

I would hate to assure my children future based on that article. The basic premise is that wood sequesters CO2 – its easy to get – and if we don’t use it... it rots or burns down? The article also seems full of the words ‘probably’, ‘could’,’may be’  and ‘possibly’ along with a lot of nice graphs. On the dark side its developing an argument for continued use of mature virgin wood as opposed to manufactured farmed wood products.

I have a read a lot of quickly conceived and poorly written funded articles on the environment lately.  It is getting very confused out there. About the only thing I could say with certainty at this point is that if we built less and with less material we would our carbon footprint accordingly – as to the products?