[Greenbuilding] Discouraging White Tails

Joe Killian kaa-ajk at sonic.net
Wed Oct 15 11:19:27 CDT 2014

   I've watched deer graze a mere 1" from the bottom wire in my 30" high
electric fence - and anywhere else outside it but not inside - though
they could easily jump over.
   This in the high deer-problem area West Marin, where the deer forgot
to learn what plants are deer resistant, and no such thing as deer-proof.
   This low, nearly invisible (30", 3 hot wires) yard defense fence
worked for us for over 15 years until we moved elsewhere, with a mere 2
individuals learning about the many goodies inside the fence and
requiring the ultimate solution.
   Joe