[Greenbuilding] radiant windows

Peter Kidd peterkidd at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 22 17:12:47 CDT 2014

agreeing with Alan Abrams except no laws are broken, just transparency
or probably the understanding of the proponent.  It just transfers where
the heat loss comes from, which energy (or heating) source, and assumes
the window can achieve a temperature higher than "room temperature",
i.e. has enough capacity to meet that demand. It's incorrect to say the
R-value changes, at least an R to recognized Standards, rather than some
notional R that benefits from an energy input hidden inside the equation
so to speak.