[Greenbuilding] New Type of Chipboard

Benjamin Pratt benjamin.g.pratt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 09:12:21 CDT 2014

OSB is almost always made from young trees. Plywood requires old growth
trees. I agree that Plywood is superior to OSB in all applications, But OSB
is acceptable in many cases and is much more sustainable.
The case for Corn board, (strawboard, etc), is if it is is a better
utilization of the resource. It should also be noted that these are
sequestering carbon which would otherwise be released if burned or allowed
to decay.
Ben