[Greenbuilding] Fat Americans (was Re: Staggering 1/2 tonne per person per year cement production!)

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Wed Apr 15 22:44:49 CDT 2015

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 22:34:47 -0400, Antonioli Dan <solardan26 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> No scientific reference to this link, Nick. Is it in there somewhere?

> On Apr 15, 2015, at 4:35 PM, <nick_pine at verizon.net>
> <nick_pine at verizon.net> wrote:

>> sanjay jain wrote:
>>> ... we produce 1/2 tonne cement per person per year. That's more
>>> cement than food!
>>
>> No. An average American eats about 1 ton per year

Assuming that an "average" American eats three meals a day, in one year
they'd eat 1095 meals.

For an "average" American to eat a ton of food a year, they'd have to eat
almost two pounds of food at every one of those 1095 meals.

An "average" adult will feel full after eating about a pound of food.

Eating another whole meal after one already feels full is nothing short of
gluttony and will surely result in gross obesity if not premature death.
That's only logical.

Okay then. A quick show of hands: How many of the American listmembers
here are obese ?

If you're not, then you're not an "average" American, if we are to believe
Nick.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom            ADT1