[Greenbuilding] Fat Americans (was Re: Staggering 1/2 tonne per person per year cement production!)

John Salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 16 00:05:51 CDT 2015

That is impressive. Have you done a calorie conversion for the different foods?

I saw a stat that said the average American ate 3-5 lbs of food per day so getting pretty close to Robs question. Average caloric intake in the 60’s for a male was around 2200 calories and is currently around 2700 calories – but fewer people are actually burning those calories so obesity rates are currently 2 out of 3 people in the US – which would equate to 2 out of 3 listmembers being potentially average. Interesting question as to why people are needing more calories to be less energetic but no less interesting than as to why we need larger houses to be more energy efficient (just to bring it back to green building)

There are some cute theories about the food industry profits being limited to caloric intake ...