[Greenbuilding] Fat Americans (was Re: Staggering 1/2 tonne per person per year cement production!)

RWT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 16 21:24:51 CDT 2015

      From: Reuben Deumling <9watts at gmail.com>
 To: Green Building <greenbuilding at lists.bioenergylists.org>
 Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:28 AM
 Subject: Re: [Greenbuilding] Fat Americans (was Re: Staggering 1/2 tonne per person per year cement production!)

> Well since you asked... [snip & paste] ...so weighing the poop was a little beyond our abilities & inclinations.

And because Reuben brought it up, I am reminded of my then-girlfriend's brother back in my stoodnt days, who constructed a plexiglas box , suspended it in an art gallery in downtown Ottawa and then lived inside of the box for # days, naked, allowing nothing else in other than what he took in with him at the outset and allowing nothing to leave, including all of his liquid and solid waste, carefully weighing everything at either end of the exhibition. I'll have to ask him for the numbers next time I see him.
re: My comment the other day about Americans having to eat almost two pounds of food (ie 2x amount  needed to feel full)  at each of their meals in order to accomplish the one ton of food per annum consumption rate.
That was faulty reasoning on my part.
Clearly Americans do not eat just at mealtimes otherwise the massive snack food(-like substance) industry would not exist  -- Cheet-Os, Dorit-Os, Ore-Os, dOughnuts, O'Henrys, cOca-cOlas, brewski-Os...