[Greenbuilding] Ferro cement or Plastic water tanks

Dan Barry mr.danbarry at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 11:33:33 CDT 2015

As a resident of Leander Texas, we are very concerned with rainwater
preservation.  35,000 gallons of storage will overflow if you trap all
water off a 2500 sqfoot house(3 times a year for a Pfieffer designed house
ICF built on Brown Bluff).

Can I unleash to the engineer types for green impact of:

-plastic blown tank
-metal sides with epdm liner (called Austrailian style up here)
-ferro cement, meaning  lots of rebar and wire lath and labor

-- thanks
Dan Barry
the humans currently consume 2000 gallons every 1.5 months from our plastic
cistern.  Yes we are going to full rainwater while we do reconstruction
later this year.