[Greenbuilding] Is this product desirable?

Joe Killian kaa-ajk at sonic.net
Wed Apr 29 10:02:41 CDT 2015

    Looks like a technically nice approach - a solar heat collector
using some (un-named) fluid with a low freezing point so freeze-up isn't
a problem, operable either on straight solar heat gain or if insolation
isn't enough to attain desired temperatures then kick in a compressor
and operate as a heat-pump from the panel to storage.
   I wish they'd say that in so many words.  The brochure wording has a
shady character similar to many pseudo-science marketing scams.  Yes,
Nicolas Carnot.  Heat pumps all, & most refrigerators, use the cycle
named after him.
   I'd ask for more specifications & performance test numbers and