[Greenbuilding] Is this product desirable?

John Salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 29 11:38:55 CDT 2015

Its nice that they have packaged a hot water heat pump with solar but there
are a few (and will be a few more) heat pump water heaters on the market now
in north America and combining one with solar hot water (or even solar
electric) is not difficult. Actually desirable for northern locations as the
heat pumps do pull heat from the building to work and the byproduct is
chilled air so there is a heating loss. Works though in heat recovery - I
ducted the exhaust air to the hot water tank pump enclosure and vented the
chilled air. Be nice if a unit was packaged for that purpose. One of the
best products I found (early pioneer in small heat pumps) is made by Nyle in
Connecticut and its an add-on unit to any existing storage system so can be
integrated into a hybrid situation really easily.