[Greenbuilding] insulating beneath an existing floor.

home-nrg home-nrg at dnaco.net
Wed Aug 5 21:00:19 CDT 2015

Sacie,

re: foundation vents.
Unless there is a driving force to move air through them,
i.e. a fan or supply vent to pressurize the space under the
house, or a wind -at ground level (unlikely in most areas),
foundation vents do not & never have worked as intended.
The idea behind them relies on flawed science.
Save the money to use productively elsewhere.

Bob Klahn