[Greenbuilding] Most permeable air barrier

Stephen Collette stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
Mon Aug 31 16:51:32 CDT 2015

Hello Ross and all,

So, you want to try to outsmart all that water vapour boiling for days at a time? I think I know who might win that contest, even with the brains and smarts that I know you have. What about a major operable roof vent? Maybe like to sliding telescope ceilings? Seriously if you insulate the walls and floor, you will stay somewhat comfy and a nice peaked roof that opens up to let the moisture out, won’t that work?

Maybe I don’t know enough about your plan to make a sound judgement, or I’ve been drinking too much home brew. Both are possible. So why do you want to seal a building that historically is as drafty as possible? If because you can, if done right, I’m interested in the solution as well, if because your toes get cold boiling the sap, then I might go about it differently.

So, yeah, now I’m curious.

Stephen

Stephen Collette BBEC, LEED AP, BSSO
Your Healthy House - Indoor Environmental Testing & Building Consulting
http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca <http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca/>
stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca <mailto:stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca>
705.652.5159