[Greenbuilding] Fresh air to boiler questions

Peter Kidd peterkidd at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 15 17:47:17 CST 2015

There are many things to consider in ROI. With respect to energy cost,
approximately speaking the annual fuel utilization of your existing and
new device would determine the change in energy consumption, all else
remaining the same. AFUE includes flue loss, on and off cycle, Your
existing system is probably around about 60%, and a new one might be
around 90%. The fuel saving would be about a third of current
consumption (1 - existing efficiency/new efficiency).