[Greenbuilding] Biochar as Annual Cycle Building Dehumidifier

John Salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 3 17:57:37 CDT 2015

What Chris describes is probably one of the best wall assemblies. It is all about the materials ability to deal with moisture and drywall and latex paint just can't. I read a great study about layers of mold between layers of latex paint on a drywall substrate.

Clay only gets up to about 25% of its weight in holding moisture but that can still be great and a clay paint mixture on drywall walls can work as a significant buffer and quickly accumulate some mass.