[Greenbuilding] off-gassing and what if anything to do about it?

Jason Holstine jason at amicusgreen.com
Wed Jul 22 17:14:01 CDT 2015

It may also be worth while checking out this brand new drywall from
Certainteed, which claims to absorb formaldehyde and other aldehydes and
turn into inert compounds.
http://www.certainteed.com/products/gypsum/board/indoor-air-quality/343805

I think the efficacy of bake-out is questionable, I¹ve seen and heard
research making it less than clear. It can be tough to get the right
ventilation to REMOVE the offgassing from the premises after the heat has
released it. I¹m also thinking that it would take a much higher temp to
resolve mold problems?

Jason