[Greenbuilding] Crawlspace foam insulation -- how much?

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 12 15:12:43 CDT 2015

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 14:02:17 -0400, Leslie Moyer <unschooler at lrec.org>
wrote:

>  NE Oklahoma.  ...  cupping issues with some wood flooring --closed cell
> foam seems to be the best solution.
>
>  guy who came this morning wants to quote me 1.5" foam, though said he
> would quote 2" if that's what I really want, saying that would be enough
> for >"Canada".

Morlie;

Much as I hate to admit,  I tend to agree with AA-man on this.

How to get  mineral wool batts through a tiny 2' access ?

There's nothing nice or easy about a retro-fit insulation job for any
crawlspace no matter what the insulation choice but getting flexible batts
through a nominal 2'x2'  access shouldn't be a challenge for the poor
schmoes who get the task .

As for the "guy" that told you 2" of closed cell foam would be "enough for
Canada", you can tell him that I, a Canadian, in Canada,  said he's full
of $#!+ and if I were there, I'd boot him in the arse and tell him to get
lost, chase him off of the property and be giving him an expletive-laden
outline of his family tree while doing so.

If one were foolish enough to provide only R-12 under a suspended floor in
Canada, that fool would be guaranteed to have frozen and burst plumbing,
cold floors, etc.

--
=== * ===
Rob "T" for "Tough Guy, eh ?" Tom DT7-64