[Greenbuilding] heat treated wood siding

Tim Keating t.keating at rainforestrelief.org
Sun Nov 15 15:27:59 CST 2015

Hi, Sacie,

I can recommend a few highly-durable, non-old-growth species that are
great for siding and also what I believe to be the best torrified wood
on the market (due to very tight tolerances and higher temperatures).
When it comes to durable old-growth woods, having directed a
rainforest-conservation group for over 20 years, I can vouch for the
problem. As alternatives, I supply reclaimed and water-salvaged
varieties that are actually carbon-positive.

Tim Keating