[Greenbuilding] most permeable air barrier

Ross Elliott relliott at homesol.ca
Tue Sep 1 13:31:08 CDT 2015

You're absolutely right, John, there will be a great big open cupola on top, plus plenty of ventilation coming in the bottom through open doors, etc., I should have been more clear - the problem is the steel roof becomes a condensing surface, and rains down on the syrup and syrup makers, so I was thinking a permeable air barrier would let the water vapour through to the steel, but stop the drips on the return trip. Maybe I'm over-thinking this like a typical energy nerd, the old-timers just said to lay full wood sheathing on the roof deck (since some have learned from experience about putting the steel on strapping).

Thanks,

Ross