[Greenbuilding] replacement window discussion

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 13:18:15 CDT 2015

I've considered double pane storm windows. Sounds weird, I know, but it
would be vastly cheaper than most of the alternatives I'm aware of. My
approach (which keeps evolving) is to build my own double or single pane
windows (haven't decided about that yet) and to add tight fitting storm
windows (double or single pane).
The prospect of failure on the double panes has caused me to veer away from
them, but replacing the insulated glass in removable storm windows would be
much cheaper and easier when that occurred.