[Greenbuilding] Water heater timer energy savings?

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 20:48:34 CDT 2016

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Antonioli Dan <solardan26 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Most modern hot water heaters do not need blankets as they are redundant,
> and redundant insulation doesn’t do much.

Hm.
I'm looking forward to Rob Tom's response to that.

As for me, I'm not so sure about that. I can well imagine that some modern
water heaters are better insulated (but probably not as efficient as some
older designs), but how can adding more insulation with a payback of 1 year
or even five years be redundant? I can't imagine that the embodied energy
in a bit of fiberglass (or recycled jeans) would tip the scales.