[Greenbuilding] Heat pump HWS

Nick Pyner npyner at ihug.com.au
Sat Apr 23 01:14:40 CDT 2016

I am in the process of installing 3kW of PV  which will inter alia be
connected to a fairly new electric storage heater. I can hardly claim it
to be my own idea, but it is my own money.   The heater takes 4.6kWh/day
of electricity @ about 10c/kWh off the grid, which is about 65% of the
total demand, the rest coming from a grey water heat exchanger.