[Greenbuilding] 2" drain line for a 0.8gpf toilet?

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 17:29:20 CDT 2016

I have long wondered whether or when anyone would dare diverge from the 3"
standard drainline diameter as we get toilets that use less and less water
per flush.
Interpolating from this chart:
http://www.mpwmd.net/rules/Apr2008/pdfs/RegII/rule24_table1.pdf
I see that in terms of fixture units, a 0.8gpf toilet is now at 1, which
puts it comfortably within the same class as sinks, which as we know do not
require anywhere near a 3" drainline. So..... does anyone on this list know
if there is any movement toward allowing a 2" drainline for a 0.8gpf
toilet? Or whether there's been any testing of this configuration?

Reuben