[Greenbuilding] 2" drain line for a 0.8gpf toilet?

Matt Dirksen dirksengreen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 07:16:52 CDT 2016

A couple years ago, we had to hire a rooting company to help us figure out why we were having clogging issues in our stack.

Turned out it was due to a puppy pad that was successfully flushed down our Toto Aquia by one of my children, but had clogged itself within the next couple feet inside the line.

My kids have flushed just about everything down those Aquias, and they have never clogged. But barring that experience with the puppy pad, I couldn't imagine how much more sh!t would have gotten stuck in a 2" line.

Unless it's your own house your experimenting on, I'd trust the experts on this one. Switching that line out down the road would be a pain in the a$$ for anyone.

Matt