[Greenbuilding] Advice for a Rehab Newbie

Stephen Collette stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
Thu Apr 28 13:07:01 CDT 2016

Hi Lynelle,

I’d recommend Roxul Comfortboard IS for outboard of the sheathing. I used it myself last year, and it’s excellent, and with 2 3” rigid boards, you can get to the R-40 range easy enough. No trusses needed.

Is flooding a remote concern? I agree with Joe that slab on grade is better, but not if flooding may occur. If you can’t put a basement, maybe you can’t put a slab, or is it a water table issue?

GreenTerraHomes, I’ve seen them, and read some stuff, but haven’t looked at their products up close and in detail. Nice and local for sure for both of us, but that’s all I know.

Stephen

Stephen Collette BBEC, LEED AP, BSSO
Your Healthy House - Indoor Environmental Testing & Building Consulting
http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca <http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca/>
stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca <mailto:stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca>
705.652.5159