[Greenbuilding] Decking a Boathouse Roof

David Wentling dpwentling at ymail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:28:43 CDT 2016

As a provider of technical support for the referenced company, Conservation Technology, I can say we have sold our liquid Acrylic roof system for the vary application you describe.  The only concern is that all rubber products will be slippery when wet. If dry plenty of traction.

Install metal edge flashing with drip first, then using a 6” fabric and base coat liquid seal the flashing to the exterior grade plywood roof deck. Then install the liquid base coat and 40” fabric across the field of the roof overlapping 3-4”. Once the base coat with fabric drys, apply two top coats of liquid only. Typically, the base coat and top coat are two different colors to provide a color change wear indicator.

Products are made in the USA and can be shipped anywhere. It has been installed on canvas tents above the arctic circle to roof locations in the Caribbean. We have offered the product for more than 25 years with no performance failure. Over time you might loss one of the four coats. It is suggested you clean the roof and apply one new top coat every 10+ years. You will never have to tear off the roof coating for the life of the building.

Lynette, let us know which solution you choose. Solutions to problems are not always the same for everyone!

David Wentling