[Greenbuilding] Unvented cathedral ceiling condensation

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 14:21:10 CST 2016

A delightful article. Thank you for sending that, and very timely for me.
One thing that occurs to me when reading it is that we here in the PNW
whose humidity profile is basically the reverse of much of the rest of the
country, or at least of much of the rest of the inhabited part of the
country, tend to be forgotten. I don't know if it makes much difference to
these questions of moisture management, but it seems like it probably
would.

Finally I have to say this paragraph (which contradicts the rest of the
article) made me laugh:
*However, in some areas of the country, especially in the Northeast,
insulation contractors have been dense-packing unvented rafter bays with
cellulose for years. Because the method has deep roots in New England, many
building inspectors accept such installations.*