[Greenbuilding] Unvented cathedral ceiling condensation

Michael O'Brien obrien at hevanet.com
Sun Dec 11 17:19:21 CST 2016

Hi, Reuben—

There is a small gap between the drywall and the framing, which, when you think about it, can be hundreds of feet long. So for example, air will flow between drywall and sole plate at floor level, and rise inside the wall cavity. Same with all the penetrations for light fixtures, electrical switch and outlet boxes. It can add up, but it’s easy to seal during installation.

Best,

Mike