[Greenbuilding] finally found some mesh/netting/fabric

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 23:12:13 CST 2016

Thanks for those links, Jeff.
For purposes of archiving* this I'm copying the relevant passage from the
article here:

*Q. How should air-permeable netting — for example, InsulWeb — be attached
to the studs? Hulstrunk: The best technique is to staple it with a
pneumatic stapler
<http://www.nationalfiber.com/docs/DirectionsforInstallingDensePackCelluloseBehindInsulweb04:10.pdf>
right to the face of the stud. By ‘face,’ I mean the 1½-inch-thick edge of
the stud facing the room. The staples have to be less than 1 inch apart, so
you’ll go through a good number of staples. Some installers prefer inset
stapling or “lip stitching” — they put the staples at the corner of the
studs, wrapping the InsulWeb a little bit around the corner as they staple.
But that really isn’t necessary. I don’t like the lip-stitch method,
because I want the insulation to be close to the sheetrock. Installers who
use lip-stitching are usually worried about bulges, but we’ve found that an
aluminum roller works well to eliminate any bulges. There’s another method
of installing the InsulWeb: using glue. First, you tack the InsulWeb up
quickly. Then you apply watered-down Elmer’s glue to the studs through the
InsulWeb, using a trim roller — you roll through the InsulWeb to push in
the glue. It gets the InsulWeb really tight and nice. By the time you get
to the last wall in the house, the first wall you glued is usually dry
enough to start blowing cellulose. It’s best to wait at least 6 hours for
the glue to dry.*
*I save the interesting greenbuilding list conversations in my email files
and can search for them anytime.