[Greenbuilding] over-insulating

Bob Waldrop bwaldrop1952 at att.net
Thu Jan 28 22:45:44 CST 2016

It seems to me that you didn't "over-insulate," instead, you insulated
the "right amount".  Ever since we defied all the local conventional
wisdom and put nine inches of insulation into our walls by insulating
the existing walls and then building new walls five inches inside of the
exterior walls and insulating those, we've been enjoying lower heating
and air conditioning bills.  Personally, I think that generally most
builders underinsulate businesses and condemn their occupants to
perpetual indenture to utility companies.

Bob Waldrop, Okie City