[Greenbuilding] over-insulating

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 22:52:52 CST 2016

I agree, Bob.

I was using Frank's term, and compared to what is generally recommended
(for our climate zone) eleven inches would probably be considered
excessive.
Mostly I posted this little summary because it seems like it confirms my
long-standing hunch that you can achieve something along the lines of what
is promised in the Passivhaus fine print without spending a mint or using
crazy gizmos or materials.

I like heating with wood, and think I'll miss it when it becomes merely an
occasional thing, but then there is the weeks and months I don't need to
look for, cut and split and stack and haul and restack and move and move
again, and make fires every day for 5-6 months of every year....