[Greenbuilding] Alternatives to Copper Green

Stephen Collette stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
Thu Jul 28 13:31:53 CDT 2016

Hi Dan and all,

There is a green building supplier out of Kingston, ON who also runs a Solvent Free Paint website: http://solventfreepaint.ca/index.htm <http://solventfreepaint.ca/index.htm>  (if the link gets scraped, solvent free paint .ca)

I’m looking at using pine tar myself as one option for my new decks. Looks pretty and can keep viking ships afloat, so should hold back water on a deck ok. I’ve bought their products before, the linseed oil/beeswax finish for all my interior trimwork, and the products are excellent. All from Sweden I believe. I have not association directly with them. Nice folks, good products. If you are in the US, and shipping doesn’t make sense (seriously have you seen our dollar, why wouldn’t it?) then at least this gives you some searchable ideas.

Their storefront website is https://www.livingrooms.ws/index.html <https://www.livingrooms.ws/index.html>  (living rooms .ws)

I hope that helps.

Stephen

Stephen Collette BBEC, LEED AP, BSSO
Your Healthy House - Indoor Environmental Testing & Building Consulting
http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca <http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca/>
stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca <mailto:stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca>
705.652.5159