[Greenbuilding] Alternatives to Copper Green

Jason Holstine jason at amicusgreen.com
Fri Jul 29 10:33:52 CDT 2016

I can’t argue with first looking to avoid PT Lumber --  a recycled-content (non-vinyl) composite or bamboo.

But if you can’t avoid PT, check out Anchorseal -  http://uccoatings.com/products/anchorseal/.

--

Jason Holstine

Amicus Green Building Center

“Sustain Your Space”

e: jason at amicusgreen.com

w: www.amicusgreen.com

p: 301-571-8590

f:  301-571-8597

tf: 866-587-9140

From: Greenbuilding <greenbuilding-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org> on behalf of Tim Keating <t.keating at rainforestrelief.org>
Date: Friday, July 29, 2016 at 10:54 AM
To: <greenbuilding at lists.bioenergylists.org>
Subject: Re: [Greenbuilding] Alternatives to Copper Green

I think the answer would be (have been?) to not use pressure-treated wood for the deck. There are a lot of greener options for decking that don’t involve any chemical preservatives.

Tim