[Greenbuilding] best practice

Vadurro, Rob, EMNRD rob.vadurro at state.nm.us
Thu Mar 17 10:22:39 CDT 2016

You mentioned the windows. I think you’ll find that after taking care of the wall insulation to R-10 to R-20 or so, you’ll be left with a bunch of R-1 or R-2 “holes” in the walls via the windows, not to mention the extra air infiltration. I suggest investing in insulated storm sashes and air sealing would be your best investment at that point.

Rob Vadurro, AIA
Park Architect
New Mexico State Parks
1220 South Saint Francis Drive