[Greenbuilding] best practice

Koehn Chris chris at koehn.com
Thu Mar 17 13:14:13 CDT 2016

I am interested to learn whether the delta T plays a role in the decision-making here. Sacie, is this project in the Seattle area? If so, the climate’s quite similar to ours here on Vancouver Island, i.e. relatively mild, cool but not cold pacific air. So the Delta T from room temp is much smaller than is would be in, say, Wisconsin, Kansas, or Ontario. That said, the number of heating degree days is relatively similar.
My experience here is that the cost of an energy retrofit- of one looks at payback exclusively- needs to be weighed in light of these factors.
What say you learned ones?

Best,

Chris Koehn
TimberGuides