[Greenbuilding] forced air heating vent placement

home-nrg home-nrg at dnaco.net
Mon Mar 28 17:01:47 CDT 2016

Reuben,

You might check out the research done by Build America, some
years back.

As I recall,they were able to design a single family house
with all of the ducts in a central wall cavity and, by using
a more a focused grill, place the supply grill on the inside
(duct) wall and through conditioned air to the far wall. The
arrangement conditioned the room as quickly as a similarly
sized system with supplies on the outside wall.

Check their reports; don't trust my memory.

I hope this is helpful.

Bob Klahn