[Greenbuilding] forced air heating vent placement

Alan Abrams alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
Tue Mar 29 10:56:28 CDT 2016

you still might be able to get the best of all the above by blowing the air
from high registers from a central location. depending on velocity and the
width of the room, you may be able to move the air all the way across the
space by means of the coanda effect (akin to laminar flow), where in turn
it would prevent frosty windows and warm the exterior wall, etc.

-aa

Alan Abrams

*certified professional building designer, AIBDcertified passive house
consultant, PHIUS*
*certified passive house builder, PHIUS*
cell     202-437-8583
alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
HELICON WORKS *Architecture and Education*
<http://www.heliconworks.com/index2.html>