[Greenbuilding] dense pack cellulose in open bays: mesh recommendations

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 19:08:09 CDT 2016

I've been doing this for a while now and have just about used up the role
of mesh (~3/16" squares?) I got about ten years ago. Although it came
recommended, I think there are better products out there.
Although by weight upwards of 97% of the insulation blown behind (through a
hole cut into) this mesh ends up where you want it, the mess the fine fluff
makes leaking back into the room through the mesh is really a drag. I'd
love advice on whatever current best practice is for mesh I could
(presumably) glue and staple to the studs, poke two holes per bay and blow
the stuff in good and tight.

Thanks very much.

Reuben