[Greenbuilding] cellulose formulated *only* for loose fill application?

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 22:52:47 CDT 2016

My local supplier of bails of cellulose for sending through an insulation
blower tells me their new brand, Smart Shredz (see link below), is only
good for loose fill in the attic. I puzzled over this for a while. Can this
be? Why wouldn't it work in a wall? Any of you heard of this? Why would
they do that? Even stranger, the supplier I've always used doesn't carry
any other cellulose product one might wish to blow into a dense pack wall.
What am I missing?

Thanks for any insights.

Reuben

https://www.service-partners.com/documents/smartshredz/Smart-Shredz-Fact-Sheet.pdf