[Greenbuilding] Waterproofing edge of Concrete slab with 6x6 PT lumber on top

Lynelle Hamilton lynelle at lahamilton.com
Fri Oct 7 08:24:16 CDT 2016

Hi All,

I can't find a good answer to this, so thought that I would post.

My garage was moved to its current site. It has an 8" poured concrete
floor, on top of which was placed 6x6 PT, onto which the garage
structure is bolted. The edge of the concrete slab is exposed, as well
as the PT -- all above grade.

The property has a high water table. My septic, regardless of type, will
require a raised bed that will cover this exposed area on 1 and possibly
2 walls. I need to ensure that I protect this wall from water.  I will
do all 4 walls with the same process as used for these two.

Any ideas as to what is best? The above grade will have EPS 2" plus wood
siding. Do I extend the EPS to this wall and waterproof on top? If so,
how do I avoid seepage into the area between the EPS and the wall?

I've looked at /B//ituthene,/ but have no idea if it is the best approach.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Lynelle

---