[Greenbuilding] sucking up loose fill FG insulation

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Sun Sep 4 11:30:56 CDT 2016

  Reuben;

  Spouting off of the top of my head rather than from actual experience,
I'd say

"Nix the large, single-use plast-eccchhh! bags and make a temporary bag
out of a suitably sized tarp by folding the edges of the tarp over a stick
(ie 1x2 or 1x3) and using spring clamps to hold the bag shut and then fit
the bag over the removed head of the shop vac and fill the tarpbag
directly.

When all sucked up, give the inside of the bag a squirt with your choice
of liquid to wet down the insulation and then compact the contents as much
as you can to make a small brick of glass fibre to be put into your blue
box for recycling  -- or maybe you re-use the fibres to build yourself a
canoe ?-- rinse off the tarp and  put back from whence it came"

Sounds like it should do the trick. Right ?

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom . . . T60BOM

A r c h i L o g i c at Y a h o o dot C A
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")