[Greenbuilding] Dryers

Concorde Group concordegp at aol.com
Tue Sep 27 17:08:10 CDT 2016

This email address belongs to the U.S. Customs Division of the United States Federal Government.  Under penalty by law, you must immediately unsubscribe this email address and cease and desist all further communication.

> On Sep 26, 2016, at 18:06, Antonioli Dan <solardan26 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Good point on the spin cycle. New washing machines have an amazing spin cycle that get’s a lot more water out than older washing machines. I used to live in a trailer in Eugene, Oregon (think LOT’S of rain and humidity) and we had a wood burning stove. In the evenings we’d do our wash cycle and then hang on a rack next to the stove and the laundry would be dry in the morning. Worked like a charm!
>
> Dan
>

>> On Sep 26, 2016, at 2:52 PM, Beatrice via Greenbuilding <greenbuilding at lists.bioenergylists.org> wrote:
>>

>> From: Beatrice <beatricedohrn at yahoo.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Greenbuilding] Dryers
>> Date: September 26, 2016 at 2:50:49 PM PDT
>> To: Green Building <greenbuilding at lists.bioenergylists.org>
>>

>> My house is tight. Drying is not an issue for too much humidity. I think the quality of the spin cycle is overlooked. On thick items I spin a second time and things dry a lot faster.
>>

>> Please pardon typos
>>

>>> On Sep 26, 2016, at 2:44 PM, Arnie Katz <arnie.katz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Two thoughts:
>>> 1) The feasibility of hang drying in the house depends on the climate you're in and how tight the house is. If you're in a tight, energy efficient house, passive drying in the house can create moisture/mold issues (depending on how much laundry you have). Leaky houses, on the other hand, tend to get very dry in the winter and hanging laundry might be a good passive humidifier. But it's usually better to tighten up the house.
>>> 2) My daughter and her husband mostly do line drying, but have a combo washer-dryer with a condensing dryer function. Seems to work okay, although  it takes a long time. But not sucking conditioned air out of the house.