[Greenbuilding] Floor electrical outlets in Ontario House

Lynelle Hamilton lynelle at lahamilton.com
Fri Dec 8 06:17:49 CST 2017

This isn't a "green building" question, but the house involved is
attempting to be built green. I am using Nexcem/Durisol and would prefer
not to cut into the block for the wall outlets that fall on the exterior
walls. I'd like to install floor outlets in place of the wall outlets. I
have had conflicting information as to whether these are code in Ontario
Canada residential construction.  I've heard that the OBC does not
discuss floor outlets in residential construction, so therefore they're
not OK, but also heard that they are not prohibited. No one has given me
a specific code reference, though.

Has anyone had experience with using floor outlets in lieu of wall
outlets in Ontario or knows how this situation is treated?

Many thanks!

Lynelle Hamilton

---