[Greenbuilding] dehumidifying bathrooms - makeup air?

Norbert Senf norbert.senf at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 08:29:21 CST 2017

The Japanese traditionally fill their crawlspace with bags of charcoal, for
year-round moisture equalization. There is a lot of interest in biochar
these days, as a carbon sequestration technique. As an experiment, we
managed to make around 500 lbs last winter, as a byproduct of heating our
house with a cordwood fired masonry heater. Biochar can apparently be used
as an aggregate in plasters, giving them enhanced moisture control
properties ............. N

--
Norbert Senf
Masonry Stove Builders